Friday, August 1, 2008

The Captain and His Crew


Here's the process I went through with this last painting I sent out to M Modern. I had this idea of a sketch from my sketchbook that I was excited about and had to throw onto a canvas. But once I got to a certain point, I lost interest for a while.


The drawing was cool and the water was a lot of fun to paint. Up until then it was looking nice. But when I actually started painting the boy, I think it took a bad turn. I don't know what I was thinking, but the colors were way off.


So when I got to that point, I hung it on my wall and forgot about it.


Recently, I had the urge to work on it again. I polished it up, and really focused on where my light was coming from so that everything would fit into the scene a bit nicer. This picture doesn't do it much justice, but I think it came out pretty cool. Can you guess who the captain is?

1 comment:

Robbin Kjellin said...

yeah great painting!!! big improvement :D