Friday, December 3, 2010

everybody hates mondays.

I've been hearing that people are a little iffy about the upcoming Garfield show. Maybe it seems like it cheapens the art(or artist)? From my standpoint, I'm just happy to be able to show at all. And I think this show especially will get a lot of new eyes on my work. But I dunno. I suppose I'm still new to this world and I don't take myself too seriously.

But that's not to say that I don't take each painting seriously. My goal with this piece was to paint something that captured the spirit of the theme, but to also create something that could stand on it's own. I wish I had a little more time to work on it..but I guess that's always the case. Nothings ever finished..just set aside for a while.

I'm a big fan of a lot of the peoples in this show. I hope everyone can get past the "shtick" and just appreciate the hard work the artists put into it. I know I'm proud to be showing with this group and I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with. :)

1 comment:

Steven said...

Yeah, because it would be terrible if people wanted to *gasp* have fun when it comes to art. lol